Window to Chiang Mai Thailand
One Day Mahout Training Course,
Chiang Mai, Thailand
We make this trekking tour every day.
Pick up time at your hotel or guesthouse is about 08:00 to 08:30 h.
You will be back in Chiang Mai at about 17:30 h.
What to bring on a trek
- Learn basic elephant language
- Learn how to ride on its neck
- Ride the elephant through the jungle
- Bath & brush the elephant
- Bring the elephant to a mud pool
- Feed the elephant
- Transportation from and to hotel or guesthouse
- Licensed tourist guide (English speaking)
- Mahout clothes
- 1 elephant per 2 persons
The mahout training course is held in the beautiful mountain village of Ban Tung La Korn
- Drive to local market to buy feed (bananas, watermelons, sugarcane) for your elephant.
- Drive to Ban Tung La Korn
- Change clothes
- Introduction of the mahout training course
- Learn basic elephant language, how to control and to ride
- Learn to ride on its neck using different techniques
- Adventure elephant ride on jungle trails along a river
- Go with your elephant to the river and bath & brush it
- Bring your elephant to a mud pool (if you wish you can go in with it)
- Feed your elephant
- Plant feed plants for the elephants