Window to Chiang Mai Thailand
Sightseeing Tour Wiang Kum Kam
Chiang Mai, Thailand
The tour departs four times a day at 9:00h, 11:30h, 14:00h and 16:00h
The forgotten royal city of Wiang Kum Kam.
- Transportation from and to hotel or guesthouse
- 20 min Boat journey
- Horse carriage ride to Wiang Kum Kam Museum
- Horse carriage ride through Wiang Kum Kam
- Visit of 6 temples & temple ruins, see also: Wiang Kum Kam
- Wat Phra Chao Ong Dam - Phaya Mangrai
- Wat Pu Pia
- Wat Nan Chang
- Wat E-Kang
- Wat That Khao
- Wat Chedi Liam
- A pleasant 20 minute journey down the Mae Ping River aboard a spacious new and comfortable teak-fitted cruise boat. Look out for ancient pyramid-shaped pagodas appearing on the left before our "Fisherman's Quay" destination.
- We then travel by old-fashioned horse carriage to Wiang Kum Kam Museum and Information Center. There you get a video introduction with english subtitles. After we browse around museum.
- Then we explore Wiang Kum Kam by horse carriage and visit six historical temple remains, as well as ancient sites. You will see orchards, farmland and modern town houses.
- Return to "Fisherman's Quay" for complimentary refreshments - a chance to sample local fresh fruit and herb juices. Lemon-grass juice is a favourite!
- A relaxed return boat journey.
- Return transfer to your hotel or guesthouse.